Follow us by email

Follow us by email

Friday, December 15, 2017

December Week Two
Something New
Freebie

The excitement of the holidays is in the air.   It is getting colder everywhere and you might even have snow!    Are you ready for the holidays or are you behind like Mary and me?  Every year we plan to have everything done ahead of time but somehow it never works.  
                                                                    ⚜⚜⚜


Something New:   This is when we make a new stitch to share.   We usually turn it into an ornament or a framed stitch.   Next year we will be adding some new ideas to week four.  

RJ's Something New I chose the pattern Kringle's Crow by Threadwork Primitives to make a new Christmas ornament.  It is such a sweet little stitch with a cute blackbird sitting on Santa's hat wishing everyone a happy holiday.   I used a pretty black fabric with holly on it. Moss green rick rack is added between the stitch and the fabric.  He has a little red collar with a tiny jingle bell.   More tiny jingle bells are added to a red and black check bow at the top.  This was a quick and fun stitch!  


My Christmas stitch!

I love how the variegated threads change colors in this stitch

Closeup of this pretty blackbird dressed for the holidays
Kringle's Crow
by Threadwork Primitives
40 ct. flax Newcastle linen
variegated threads that I had
tiny bells from the charm section of Hobby Lobby
                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                         ⚜⚜⚜



Mary's Something New: I chose Snowy Pines from the "All Dolled Up" series by Little House Needleworks.   This is yet another stitch from this sweet ornament group.  I just had to stitch this because of my fondness for bears.    I used black rick rack to emphasize the little black bear.   I also added a black ribbon bow and a pretty snowflake charm.


My Christmas stitch!

So beary sweet!

Closeup of the snowflake charm

Snowy Pines
by Little House Needleworks
30 ct. linen
called for threads

                                                                        ⚜⚜⚜



Free Pattern:

Here is our Christmas gift to you.    It is a beautiful cardinal stitch called Blue Christmas from New York Dreamers Needleworks. Isn't it pretty and would stitch up fairly quick too.   Enjoy!!!  





                                                                          ⚜⚜⚜



Thank you all so much for stopping by to see us.   We love your visits and appreciate your comments so much.   Next week will be our grab bag week and we will be showing you some holiday decorating from our homes.   Hope to see you then.
                                                             Mary and RJ


             "Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone"
                                                        Charles Schultz
                              


41 comments:

  1. Oh, two beautiful little finishes. You made it so beautiful, with the little extras.
    Thanks for the nice freebie.
    Big hugs to you
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Des coussinets si charmant en cette saison c'est toujours merveilleux!
    Les préparatifs de Noël sont toujours sympathiques a préparer,et bientôt Noël est fini,je trouve que c'est le temps le plus doux quand on prépare!
    A toutes les deux un délicieux mois de décembre.
    Merci pour le mignon free.
    Je vous embrasse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finishes to add to your trees. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautifully finished designs. I like the rick rack, ribbons, bells and charms, they add that special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices my friends. I like the sweet extras you both added. Thank you for this pretty freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching as always! And your finishing is wonderful. It inspires me to be more creative with my finishing. Thank you for the cute freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your new stitches are darling. RJ, I really like the crow on Santa's hat. Where did you find your Mossy green rick rack (or ric rac)? Mary, I love the little bear in yours. I stitched this for friends of ours a few years ago and I think I should stitch it for me next year. Thank you for sharing a delightful complimentary design by New York Dreamer's Needlework. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both stitches are really pretty and the finishing is wonderful. I am a big fan of rick rack. I am pinning the free cardinal pattern for maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mary and RJ,
    I am so sorry that I could not visit you so long, but in the office so many are ill and I had to work many extra hours.
    Your small cushions are so pretty, one is nicer than the other, I like your blog really and hope to have more time soon again.
    Dear Advent greetings, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful ornaments I love how you have finished them .
    I now have some more great ideas ha .
    Have a lovely weekend both .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful finishes. I like them.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. More lovely ornaments! What a sweet free chart too....another to add to my to-stitch list :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. RJ: Perfect coordinating fabric, the bell on the birds neck is so perfect, are those real flowers he is displayed in?

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary: You have done such a pretty job with this ornament, I am in love with ric rak it adds such a beautiful element to any stitched design, the snowflake on the bow is perfect.
    Thank-you for the freebie design and the link to the designers site.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ornaments are both very beautiful. Thank you for the link to the cute freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous finishing on both ornies! I particularly like the bear and his ric-rac braid!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cute little finishes. Black crow... black bear... I love the boldness of little bits of black in a design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both your stitches! Lots of cute...and thanks so much for the free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your new designs are so pretty and I love the finishing!! Thanks so much for that wonderful freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi RJ and Mary....
    Well at least I am in good company being behind in getting everything done...lol! However you are way ahead of me in the stitching front...your ornament finishes are just precious as always!

    RJ...I LOVE Santa hats and I love birds so this stitch is perfect for me and one I haven’t seen so it is new to me as well! I love it! You always have such great ideas for finishing your ornaments but the red collar with the tiny little bell is my favorite! Hmmm reminds of a little black kitten...lol! I just am so impressed my friend....

    Mary...Your ornament is beautiful as well and one I have always loved! I stitched this for my husband Scott a few years ago and every year when I see it hanging on our tree that little bear just makes my heart smile! I really love how you finished it! Hmmm this little bear reminds me of a very special bear cub....

    Thank you also for the free pattern! I have not seen this one before either and I think it is just lovely!

    Sending hugs and love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  21. With my bear activity on the trail cameras, I should stitch Snowy Pines! Thank you for the freebie stitch - cardinals are such lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely ornaments!!
    Thank you for the frebbie link!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I tried to leave a comment the other day but my phone would not cooperate. I love both ornaments, as usual. Yall really inspire me to do more stitching. And thanks for the beautiful freebie. I have the perfect blue fabric for that one. I hope it will be on the Grimmwood Tree next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, both ornaments are so beautiful !!! Wel done !

    ReplyDelete
  25. The projects are just perfect ladies!! I always look forward to your updates~ Merry Christmas, my friends 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've done it again RJ and Mary--love both ornaments! The blackbird sitting on Santa's hat is so whimsical and I love the black bear plodding through the snow!!! Thanks fr the freebie link!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two beautiful finishes. Thank you for the freebie. You find such good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  28. RJ I just love the bells on the crow's collar and that fabric goes perfectly with that pattern!

    Mary what cute snow covered trees and bear! I love him!

    Thanks for the freebie and Merry Christmas Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I feel as if I make the same comment every time on your blog but here goes again...Your finishes are perfect! I'm so glad you both started blogging as you are an inspiration. Two more fabulous ornaments to add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It always comes so fast. Love the finishes. I will be stitching the bear piece next year. Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am getting there, but still have some shopping to do for Christmas--it was so hard this year because no one knew what they wanted! I guess that means they already have everything, right?

    Anyway, I love both of your finishes. And these are both ones I've thought of doing. RJ the little bells add so much. I love adding bells to my ornaments--it just makes them so, well, jolly! And Mary, your two rows of ric rak set off that cute design so well--will file that idea away for future finishing...

    Thanks so much for the link to the freebie--one I hadn't seen yet! And, of course, I wish you and your families a joy-filled Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute ornaments, both finished so expertly! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both ornaments are lovely, and finished so beautifully!
    Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love both your new stitches, RJ and Mary. And what a coincidence, both have two little black animals in them - a black bear and a black bird. Great finishing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love both finishes, but Snowy Pines just caught my eye because it's snowy (and extremely cold) up here in New Hampshire among many pine trees.

    And thank you for the freebie, Blue Christmas! I am almost certain to make that one.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dear, dear ladies,

    Such lovely ornaments. You are masters in making such wonderful finishes ... truly wonderful.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    Hugs, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous stitching as always, Mary and RJ - I do like the little black bear and Kringle's Crow is very sweet, too. I hope that you both had fabulous Christmases and a wonderful New Year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. RJ and Mary....love, love, LOVE your ornaments! I’m very late commenting. Seems this past few weeks have flown by. That crow is simply wonderful, and the house and bear...so cute! Your finishing is awe inspiring. As a new blogger, I’m very impressed by your photo staging as well. 🤗

    Have a wonderful January!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful stitching! I love the black and blue colour combination, not something you often see at Christmas, but it really works :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete