Follow us by email

Follow us by email

Sunday, January 20, 2019



January 2019'
Grab Bag - Review of 2018' Styling with Stitches

Happy New Year everyone!   We do hope you all had lovely holidays and are back stitching for the new year.   We have lots of new projects planned that we are excited about.   New themes for each month are posted on the sidebar.   Our goal is to aim to have three posts a month which will include our styling with stitches post, a grab bag post and a new post called stitcher's choice.

Our styling with stitches post will continue to be new ways to use your stitches. This is probably our favorite post as we enjoy the process of coming up with new ideas.   The grab bag post will help you get to know the two of us better and we have lots of new ideas for it.  And, the third post is going to combine all the things we did in the past on our third and fourth weeks like old ornaments made new, a new ornament and our challenges.   It might be one of those or even a new, small project.  We aren't planning this one together so it will have an element of surprise to it.   We won't even tell each other until they are posted. 

And, we will be starting a new SAL too.   We will let you know what we have chosen in the next post and maybe you would like to join us.   

But, before we get started on our new projects we thought we would do a review of our "styling with stitches" projects of 2018'.   This will show our new followers what S/S posts are all about and put all of them in one place for our long time followers. 

                                                     ⛄⛄⛄


2018' Styling with Stitches Review:

January Journals






February Mason Jars










March Pinafore and Word Play







April - Don't miss our big party you will find here.  It is filled with beautiful stitches from our friends and followers.


June Basket Hangings






July Trays










August Summer projects






September friendship






October Word play door beller and Pinafore






November Thanksgiving Silverware and Napkin Holders










If you would like to see a review of our 2017' styling with stitches projects go here  Just scroll down until you see review of 2017'.  (First you will see the review of ornaments and then further down the page will be the 2017' styling with stitches projects)


                                                    ⛄⛄⛄


Stitching friends is glad to be back in the swing of blogging.   Next post will be our styling with stitches post for January and we hope you will come back to see it.   We look forward to visiting all of you and see what you are working on this new year of 2019'.  We really appreciate the time you take to visit and leave a comment.   Stay warm and keep stitching!

                                              Stitching Friends


                Snowman's Prayer: Please freeze! Amen  

36 comments:

  1. So happy you are both back ,I just love your posts your stitching and finish is always beautiful and full of lovely ideas . I can wait to see all your posts this coming year .
    Happy New Year to both of you hope it is full of all wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear from you.
    You have made so wonderful projects in 2018.
    I'm looking forward to your new projects and sals in 2019.
    Happy New Year and a big Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects from 2018!
    Some cute finishing ideas.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see all your projects in a single post! I like your idea of planning a series of themes for 2019. Looking forward to see all your wonderful new creations
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear stitching friends!

    Happy New Year! I love the goals you have, am anxious to see it come ... :) The overview of all the lovely earlier projects is like a box of chocolates ...
    Have a great week & appy stitching! And thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, RJ. Yes, I realy enjoy doing the Quaker SAL with Jenny :)

    Waves across the ocean & love, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see your post pop up. I loved the review. The different ways to showcase the stitching may be one of my favorite things y'all have done. I was even really glad to see the review. I need to finish up something and I am looking for something different. I need to get my creative juices flowing like y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love all your beautiful stitches and some different ways to utilize FOs . I got a cute little wooden box the other day and now I am trying to find a pattern that will fit on top. I am thinking of something autumnal as I love stitching Autumn. Your Word Play Pillows are just fabulous. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you back. The projects for 2018 were amazing. Looking forward to all you have to share in 2019. Happy Stitching !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you back, Mary and RJ! I enjoyed the 2018 review of your Stylin' with Stitches. I look forward to seeing what your next SAL will be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice 2018 review. I look forward to your posts coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed seeing your review, Mary and RJ, and look forward to seeing what you both make throughout 2019! Can’t wait!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2018 was a good year! Y'all are so organized! I need to get more deliberate with my blogging and hobbies too but that probably won't happen until I'm no longer working. Looking forward to seeing what you both do in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  13. RJ and Mary, your monthly themes for 2019 are great! Looking forward to your upcoming posts. Wishing you both good health, a year *FREE* of “Oh, crap!” moments (you know what I mean!) and LOTS of “Aha!” moments instead. You inspire me, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this review of your 2018 highlights. I started following your blog with the beach photos in August and was immediately hooked! Your projects (with their finishes) are sooo inspiring! After I get moved into my new house with my new sewing room, I will definitely be referring to your pictures for my own projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I forgot to mention before that when you announce your next SAL, I hope you are able to announce it before you start. Would love to stitch along with you and have time to order the pattern and fabric. (No LNS here.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how nice again to read a post from you, I'm so curious what will come in the New Year, you've set yourself a lot. I am especially looking forward to the SAL.
    Glorious review of your work.
    Best of wishes you two, Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many loveley pictures. Thank you for showing the nice things.
    Waving greetings Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous review of stitched items during 2018. I´m looking forward to see what beautiful work you both come up with during this year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a nice post, lovely stitching!! I think they are some missing stitched pieces from last year ;) What piece are you both picking up for the SAL? Happy New Year to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great seeing the year in review to remind us of the beautiful stitches you two have stitched! I am excited to see your upcoming stitches and the monthly surprise! Can't wait to see what you pick for the SAL too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just can't wait to see all your wonderful ideas and projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the review of your 2018 projects...it was wonderful re-visiting them.You both are so creative and inspiring...looking forward to what 2019 brings.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You both had a wonderful stitchy 2018, with plenty of fun planned for 2019! I'm looking forward to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It sounds like you have a wonderful year of projects in store for us, RJ and Mary! Looking through your 2018 project was so inspiring--your work is just lovely and oh-so-creative :) Can't wait to see what's next from you two ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a lot of delightful things you both created last year. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for 2019

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great Year in Review, so many lovely projects and finishes. I think my favourite is the August Ferris Wheel, what a lovely way to display small ornies.
    Looking forward to seeing what you both get up to this year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely 2018 review, great stitching and finishing from both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a super collection of stitching for 2018 - wishing you many hours of stitching in 2019

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year, both of you, I'm glad you've published this new post!
    Thanks for the wonderful review, many different things you've worked on, great.
    Hugs from Berlin, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello dear friends,

    It was a feast to see all these beauties ...

    Take care & happy stitching! Love, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  31. RJ and Mary: Wow what a great post, I am looking forward to seeing what you two are doing this coming year.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your recap post! I believe it was summertime when I "found" you guys so it is nice to see the earlier works of the year. I really like the delicious-looking mason jars from February, how pretty! 2019 will be full of stitchy joy, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So happy to have y'all back. Without a doubt your trays were my favorite all year. I'm looking forward to 2019. :-) Judy

    ReplyDelete