Styling with Stitches
Welcome to Stitching Friends. It's been awhile since we have been able to blog but we are excited to be back. We have some new features we have added this year that we hope you will enjoy. Our theme for January is snow and our "styling with stitches" projects will reflect that. You can find all our 2020' themes on the sidebar.
Hope you all had wonderful holidays with your family and friends. Doesn't that time always go by so quickly? Our son Mike was here for nine days and the time just flew by. We missed you all bunches and are so happy to be back in blogging form.
Styling with stitches
RJ's snow project
When I saw these skis in Joanne's, I thought they would make a nice display for a snow stitch. The pattern "Delivering Snow" by Homespun Elegance seemed to be the right size to fit on the sign that was already there. This little family of snowmen are on their way to a ski lodge for a winter vacation. I've never been to a ski resort myself but always thought it would be an enjoyable time. Sitting by a roaring fire and sipping hot chocolate after a day on the slopes would be so much fun.
Had to use artificial light today because of cloudy weather and it distorted colors. All the reds are a true red but they look orange today.
|The little "snow family" is on their way to Aspen!|
|Closeup of the stitch and little tag added to pine cones and plaid bow|
by Homespun Elegance
40 ct. linen
skis from Joann's
Tree Lott from the Hometown Holiday series by Little House Needleworks is finally a FFO!! I stitched this quite some time ago and knew I wanted to finish it as a flat fold. I finally got up my courage to try it. I watched Vonna's (The Twisted Stitcher) tutorial and I don't know why I waited so long as it was easy!!
|I love the snowy scene|
Pre-made cording from Hobby Lobby
|LHN Tree Lott|
28 ct linen
Called for floss
One of our new features is called High Fives. We have enjoyed reading our friend Arlene's Friday Favorites at Nanaland each Friday. Why not give it a try we thought. We will be doing these about six times a year which will give you an idea about some of the things we are really enjoying.
RJ's High Fives (in no particular order)
1. New Mantra bracelet ... My husband gave me this pretty bracelet for Christmas. This mantra means the world to me and I have not taken it off since Christmas day.
2. Gator basketball games ... I love college basketball games and the Gators are my favorite team. We have season tickets so we get to enjoy all the home games. Go Gators!!!
3. Rizzo's Rules ... I just started my husband George's newest book and I'm hooked.
4. Needleworker's Sampler...This is my newest stitch that I started on the first of January. It is such an enjoyable stitch with pretty colors and designs.
5. Gifts from stitching friends ... I'm still admiring all the pretty gifts I received this year from sweet stitching friends. Gorgeous cardinal ornaments, adorable notecards, a lovely charm pack, a set of French needleminders, a very pretty blue house ornament, a beautiful hand pieced cardinal wreath, a fun fabric gift box, creative scrabble tile art, delicious chocolate, fancy stitching paper, and a fun patriotic pattern can really put a smile on this girl's face. Thank you so much Robin, Meg, Manuela, Jutta, Stasi and Arlene for your thoughtfulness and friendship.
Mary's High Fives
Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich- A Chick-Fil-A finally opened in NJ and I was quite surprised at how good it was as I am not a fan of fast food. It was real chicken!! I was surprised that the sandwich had pickles on it as pickles and chicken seems an unlikely combo but it was good! Next trip I want to try their mac and cheese.
Beekman 1801 Honeyed Grapefruit Goat Milk Lip Balm- Have you heard of the Beekman Boy's? They had a reality tv show based in NY and developed a line of goat products. It comes with a nice little case to carry the balm.
Tulips in my new tulipiere- My husband brought back the tulipiere from a recent trip to Holland as a Christmas gift for me. . I spotted these beautiful tulips in Trader Joe's and with the 68 degree weather in NY and my cheerful display I am enjoying the break in Winter weather.
Cracker Barrel Christmas Mugs- My husband and I love bears so when I saw these sweet Christmas mugs with a Momma Bear and her two cubs I had to buy us each a new Christmas mug.
Hope you like our first freebie of the new year. This pretty stitch is called "First Snow" and it is by Drawn Thread. If you would like to stitch it, you can find the chart here. It would work great on the dotted linen too
It's been great to be back blogging again. We look forward to visiting with all of you and seeing what you are working on this new year of 2020'. At the end of the month we will have our "stitcher's choice" post that we hope you will come back to see. We really appreciate the time you take to visit and leave a comment. Hope you are staying warm and enjoying great stitching weather.